Friday 29 June 2007

Starsky Arseky

I don't really have much to report. Days are kind of similar here, and I only have one knitting project to write about. Maybe you'd like to hear my daily timetable? It's not exciting, but a change from Perth anyway...

5.30am - Get up, dressed, breakfast in the mess, make up my lunch in the crib room.
6am - Either get the bus or a lift in a car from camp to site. The sun starts to come up about now and it's beautiful if I wake up enough to notice.

Work from whenever we get here (about 6.20am) until 4.30pm. There are moments when I have a lot to do, and other times (like right now) when I have time to surf the net. I then get the bus back to camp, read or knit a few rows for a bit, then head to the gym. The last two nights Fi has come with me to the gym which makes it less boring - I'm actually starting to enjoy it. I then shower and go to dinner in the mess. Then back to my room to knit and watch movies or tv. I might rebel from my set timetable and go to the wet mess tomorrow - if anyone else is going. We have a day off on Sunday so I'm planning a trip to Karajini National Park.

Starsky is going well. I finished the back last night and will start the front tonight. I'm amazed at how far each ball of blue faced leicester goes. I've only used 1 1/2 balls for the back, my gauge is spot on and is measures up fine. I think because the fibre is so light the length for each 100g is really good. It's definately very 'lofty'. Good thing too because if I ran out I'd have to order it from the UK!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

5.30 in the morning! It's been a long while since I've seen a sunrise, but from what I remember it's a nice time of day. Hope you're enjoying things up there and not encountering too many dust vs knitting issues. How long will you be there for?

knitconvict said...

Hey good to hear from you! You're the first person to find my blog - I haven't told anyone about it. I'm back in Perth now, just came in last night, so should hopefully get some pics up tonight. Off to see what's happening in Pen & Purl land now...